You have been treated for unwanted veins on your legs or trunk. The recovery is very simple and predictable with most individuals having little or no problems, especially if you follow the instructions below after your Sclerotherapy treatment.
- Resume daily activities as normal.
- Wear the compression stockings or support hose on the treated leg continuously for 2 -3 days and then for 2-3 weeks during the daytime.
- The stockings or hose should be thigh or knee high ensuring adequate coverage of the treated area.
- You should walk 15-20 minutes immediately after the procedure and daily for the next few days.
- You will experience some very short-lived pain while the injections are being performed, this should subside within a few minutes. You can take Tylenol if any discomfort persists. DO NOT take any Aspirin for 3 days.
- Cotton balls and tape will be applied at the time of the procedure. Leave them on for 3-5 hours.
- Avoid heavy exercise, sunbathing, and long plane flights for 3 days following treatment. Showers can be taken after the cotton balls are removed. Avoid hot baths, Jacuzzis or saunas for 2 weeks.
- The area may be discolored or inflamed for 2-3 weeks, each person responds differently.
- The desired effects are sometimes only evident 3-4 weeks after the procedure.
- Small areas of bruising and very small blood clots may occur. This is a normal phenomenon that usually resolves in 7-10 days. Any small clots that persist can be removed at your next visit using a simple process.
- It can take up to 2-3 treatments or more to achieve optimal results. Repeat treatments are usually scheduled 4-6 weeks later.
If you have any questions regarding your treatment please call your Precision VIR doctor at 972-382-3200.
Interested in Sclerotherapy?
If you have come across this post on our blog but have not yet experienced the sclerotherapy procedure and are interested, please request an appointment for an evaluation with the experts at Precision VIR. Our specialists will take the time to answer your questions about sclerotherapy vein treatment.