Congrats to our very own Dr. Suzanne Slonim! She was featured in an interview on the website Plaid for Women. Recognized as a leading expert in Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE), she helps many women with uterine fibroids avoid hysterectomy surgery. In the interview, Dr. Slonim shared her journey about becoming a doctor and what it’s like to be a partner in one of the best interventional radiologist practices in Dallas.
A few interview highlights … Did you know:
- Slonim comes from a family of doctors: both of her parents are doctors, and at 86 her mom is still practicing!
- She has lived all over the country: Florida, North Carolina, California, Massachusetts, and Texas
- Originally, Dr. Slonim planned to be a surgeon, but changed to Interventional Radiology when she realized it was the way of the future
- Slonim is the force behind the Fibroid Free movement. She believes “Women need to know hysterectomy is not the only option for fibroids. We want to educate women about a less invasive treatment.”
- In addition to UFE, Dr. Slonim also performs the Hunger Block procedure, which gives overweight patients an alternative to bariatric surgery.
To learn more about Dr. Slonim and read the full interview, visit Plaid for Women at www.plaidforwomen.com/read-post/women-leaders-of-today-qa-with-dr-slonim/
Plaid for Women is a web platform that features expert contributor content to enlighten women in all aspects of their lives. Its focus is to bring women together from all different backgrounds—it’s for ALL women.
Request a Consultation
If you are experiencing symptoms due to fibroids, contact Dr. Suzanne Slonim at Precision VIR to see if you are a candidate for Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE). She will take the time to answer your questions about fibroids and the UFE procedure. Call her at 214-382-3200 or complete the form below.
Precision VIR serves the DFW area including Dallas, Fort Worth, Carrollton, Richardson, Garland, Mesquite, Highland Park, University Park, Park Cities, Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Denton, Lewisville and all of North Texas.